CORONA II Project
Enhancement of training capabilities in VVER technology through establishment of a VVER training academy
This project receives funding from the EURATOM Research and Training programme
3 years under grant agreement N° 662125.
CORONA II Project Website
The main objective of the proposed CORONA II project is to enhance the safety of nuclear installations through further improvement of the training capabilities aimed at building up the necessary personnel competencies. Specific objective of the proposed CORONA II project is to proceed with the development of state-of-the-art regional training center for VVER competence (which will be called CORONA Academy), whose pilot implementation through CORONA project (2011-2014) proved to be viable solution for supporting transnational mobility and lifelong learning amongst VVER operating countries. The project aims at continuation of the European cooperation and support in the area for preservation and further development of expertise in the nuclear field by improvement of higher education and training. This objective will be realized through networking between universities, research organisations, regulatory bodies, industry and any other organisations involved in the application of nuclear science, ionising radiation and nuclear safety.
The proposed CORONA Academy will maintain the nuclear expertise by gathering the existing and generating new knowledge in the VVER area. It will bring together the most experienced trainers in the different aspects of the area within EU and abroad, thus overcoming the mobility challenge that stands ahead the nuclear education and training community. The selected form of the CORONA Academy, together with the online availability of the training opportunities will allow trainees from different locations to access the needed knowledge on demand. The available set of courses will cover the whole range of training of VVER specialists from the university until reaching high professional skills and competences in the area.
||Kozloduy NPP PLC (Coordinator)
Institute of Nuclear Research and Nuclear Energy – Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
Engineering Support and Intellectual Solutions
||Centrum Vyzkumu REZ S.R.O.
||National Research Nuclear University MEPhI
||Risk Engineering Ltd.
||Budapesti Muszaki es Gazdasagtudomanyi Egyetem
||Reseau Europeen pour l'Einsegnement des Sciences Nucleaires
- Final project meeting in Varna, Bulgaria, on 28-30 August 2018.
- 3rd Project meeting in Budapest was held on 28-31 March 2017.
- 2nd Project meeting in Sozopol, Bulgaria, was held on 6-10 September 2016.
- WP6 meeting in Vienna, Austria, was held on 7-8 April 2016.
- WP1 meeting in Prague was held on 12 January 2016.
- 1st Project Meeting, Kickoff meeting, of the project was held on 16-17 September 2015.
VVER PORTAL from corona i project
The VVER knowledge portal is an outcome of the previous EURATOM Project for the Establishment of a Regional Center of Competence for VVER Technology and Nuclear Applications (CORONA I project).
The objective of the VVER portal from CORONA I project is to:
- Provide a structured system for easy, computer based access to any VVER related knowledge and information, which can be used by staff to maintain and improve their productivity and performance.
- Preserve VVER specific nuclear knowledge, skills and competencies.
- Facilitate communication for the sharing and growth of corporate knowledge.
For more information contact:
Pedro Dieguez Porras
Rue d'Egmont 11