ENEN PhD Event & Prize
Every year the ENEN PhD Event & Prize is organized to promote and support the work of young researchers in Europe.
The ENEN PhD Event & Prize is an action of the European Nuclear Education Network to support the Research and Science in the Nuclear fields promoting the works of the young scientists and researchers who start their career finishing their PhD. It takes place on a yearly basis in the framework of the international congress in the field of Nuclear science. The ENEN PhD Event will consist of up to 12 PhD presentations nominated by ENEN Members and selected by the ENEN PhD Prize Jury. The event will be divided into several sessions according to the subjects. The participants will make a presentation of their research work for 25 minutes followed by 5 minutes questions and discussion in an competitive but friendly environment.
ANNOUNCEMENT-ENEN PhD Event & Prize 2019
For the 3 ENEN PhD prizes ENEN Association will grant 1000€ to the winners to cover the expenses to attend to an international conference and present the result of his/her research work (upon receipt of justification documents such as conference fee, travel, accommodation and meals).
For the 12 finalists PhD researchers the ENEN Association will support travel expenses with a lump sum of 650 EUR, as well as registration fee of the conference where the event will be hosted.
The ENEN PhD Prize is awarded to the best (3) three presentations.
ENEN PhD Event&Prize Evaluation Criteria
Every year the Jury of the ENEN PhD Prize is be composed of 5/6 members taken from the following group of experts:
- Filip Tuomisto (Aalto University, Finland) CHAIR
- Petre Ghitescu (University Politechnica Bucharest, Romania)
- Francisco Javier Elorza (Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain)
- Andreas Pautz (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne, Switzerland)
- Iztok Tiselj (Jožef Stefan Institute, Slovenia)
- Piero Ravetto (CIRTEN, Italy)
- Danny Lathouwers (TU Delft, The Netherlands)
- Csilla Pesznyak, (BME, Hungary)
The Objectives of the PhD Event & Prize are:
- to provide a forum for PhD students to present research work to their fellows and colleagues in a friendly but competitive spirit
- to promote the research work of PhD students in the nuclear filed
- to set up a bridge between PhD students and professionals in the nuclear field
The ENEN PhD Events are co-sponsored by the European Nuclear Education Network Association (ENEN), the European Commission Joint Research Centre (JRC), and the organizer of the international conference.